Here at GeoPalz, we believe in being active, playing outdoors, and taking care of the Earth. It’s important to stay healthy and active, but it’s also important to protect our surroundings. We often take advantage of the green grass and beautiful flowers surrounding our life, but it’s time to give back!
Image via http://divamoms.com/
Check out five kid-friendly ways to make every day, Earth Day.
- Take a walk in your neighborhood. Grab a bag and as you’re walking around the block, pick up any trash or discarded materials. It’s a great way to help keep the neighborhood clean and beautiful. Plus, you can wear your GeoPalz to earn points while you’re helping out.
- Plant a garden. It’s the perfect time to plant your garden and teach the kids the awe of growing something from a tiny seed. With supervision, have them plant the seeds, water them, and cover the plants if there’s bad weather.
- Donate unwanted and used items to Goodwill. While you’re spring cleaning and your children are growing like weeds, take time to identify things that can be donated. Just because it isn’t off use to you anymore, doesn’t mean someone else won’t enjoy it.
- Carry reusable bags when you go to the store. Think back to the basics of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Reduce the impact of multiple plastic bags by reusing a bag when you shop, and recycle plastic bags appropriately.
- Be inspired by nature. Explore nature by taking a hike, going canoeing, bird watching, or just playing outdoors. Teach your kids to appreciate nature and respect it’s beauty. Live by the mantra, “Take only pictures, and leave only footprints.”
Besides helping mother Earth, learn how kids can give back in other ways through volunteering and helping out around the house.