It’s no secret that we’ve started using our smartphones to keep track of more than just text messages, emails, and call logs. From staying on top of our busy schedules with the calendar app to capturing life’s sweetest moments on camera, we use our phones to help us out every day.
Now your smartphone can even help you get healthy by downloading apps for workout routines or playtime ideas. Check out the following apps to help you get in shape—either on your own or with the whole family!
Image via http://blog.handstandkids.com/
Healthy Recipe Apps
Give these apps a try for some healthy and tasty recipes to make with your family.
- EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry (iTunes) gives you over 200 healthy recipes to get started. If you need more recipes, there are in-app purchase options for six more collections of recipes, including dinners for two, kids, and Mediterranean food.
- SparkRecipes – Healthy Recipes (Google Play) lets you search and save thousands of recipes with diet information on each recipe.
- Fooducate (iTunes and Google Play) scans barcodes on food in the grocery store, instantly giving you a letter grade on how healthy it is, while providing health information such as calories per serving.
Running out of ideas for playtime fun? These apps give you quick and equally fun options, whether you want to go out or stay at home.
- Playtime – Fun Kids’ Activities (iTunes) provides over 300 playtime activities for you and your children. Try a new idea almost every day!
- Pandora Radio lets you create a family-friendly playlist of your favorite music for free. Create a playlist for playtime or have fun dance parties with your kids
- Spotify lets you create a playlist and follow your favorite family-friendly artists. Listen online for free or upgrade to premium for music on the go.
Use these apps to increase your physical activity. Create workouts for yourself or ones the whole family can do!
- Daily Workouts (iTunes and Google Play) gives you over 100 exercises to choose from! The workouts focus in on specific problem areas or full body cardio.
- GAIN Yoga (iTunes) provides simple yoga poses that you can do on your own, or get your child involved, too! Tailor your yoga time using the practice mode and custom workouts.
- iBitz PowerKey (iTunes) provides a Tamigotchi-like animated GeoBotz character for kids to take care of. Your children’s real life physical activity helps to power the health of the GeoBotz character.
- iBitz Unity (iTunes) helps you monitor the entire family’s physical activity wirelessly all in one place. The app tracks steps, distance, weight, height, overall physical activity, and BMI for the entire family.
For some healthy snack ideas check out our “It’s OK to Play with Your Food” post! Have more suggestions on how to get healthy? Let us know in the comments!