A playroom is a special place for your children – it allows them to play with their friends and siblings, let their imaginations run wild, and enjoy playing and learning with their toys and books. So of course you want to encourage their creativity and give them a space to get active, get inspired, and to have fun. We’ll help you get started!
Check out some of our favorite playroom themes and ideas to take your kid’s play space to the next level:
Race You to the Playroom
Image via http://houzz.com/
Does your little girl or boy love cars? Why not create a car-themed playroom for them? Create this theme using bright red paint on the walls, racecar artwork, and stack the bookshelf with books and movies about cars.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Install a racecar bed or buy car-themed sheets for mid-play naps
- Paint a racetrack on the wall using magnetic paint and add magnets to the race cars you already have
- Stack two (clean!) tires and place a wooden board or a piece of glass on top to make a nightstand table
- Hang up checkered banners or race flags
The Royal Treatment
Image via http://cimots.com/
Every proper prince or princess needs a fairytale-inspired playroom! Create a fairytale playroom with enchanting paintings or quotes, castle toys (such as fancy crowns), and of course, lots of books full of fairytale adventures!
Here are some more ideas to give your kids the royal treatment:
- Create your own princess tutu table
- Stock the closet with dress-up clothes, plastic jewelry, and crowns
- Paint the walls royal purple (we love glitter paint!)
- Design your castle with drawings, toys, and books about courageous princes and princesses
Image via http://potterybarnkids.com
Design a space where your budding Picasso will be able to get messy and create their masterpieces. A colorful environment will inspire your kids in their own artwork – display their creations up on the walls and make sure to keep plenty of supplies in the room.
What you’ll need to create the perfect playroom for your little artist:
- An easel with drawing paper
- Special spot reserved for your children’s award-winning drawings
- Artist tools of chalk, washable paint, crayons, and colored pencils!
- A nice big table where your kids can make their masterpiece (try this DIY kid’s play table)
Image via http://etsy.com
Fun ocean playrooms are always in style! Create your underwater theme by painting the walls blue and adding decals or paintings of cute ocean animals and coral reefs with seaweed.
Don’t forget to accessorize:
- Brightly colored furniture
- Lots of stuffed ocean animals
- A mermaid costume for your little girl or boy
- Books about the ocean and its inhabitants
Perhaps all your current playroom needs is a little more color – try adding rugs or curtains to instantly brighten up the room, or hang large artwork on the walls!
How is your playroom decorated? Have we inspired you with these creative playrooms? Please share in the comments below!